Umrah is a non-required lesser pilgrimage that can be performed whenever of the year. Finishing Umrah amid the sacred month of Ramadan, particularly the most recent 10 days, is viewed as in all respects blessed. The four mainstays of Umrah are – Ihraam, Tawaaf, Sa’y, and Tahal-lul.
Umrah Visa Requirements
Umrah Visa can be obtained only through an authorised ‘Umrah Agency’. Also, this agency has to be approved and selected by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
List of documents required for Umrah Visa:
- Completed and duly signed Umrah visa application form.
- One recent passport size color photograph with a white background. The photograph must have the visa applicant directly facing the camera.
- If someone has a non-Muslim name, he or she should submit a certificate from a mosque or an Islamic center stating that the applicant is a Muslim.
- Passports should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of submission of the application form.
- Confirmed and non-refundable airline ticket. Departure from Saudi Arabia should be within two weeks from the date of entry.
- It is mandatory for women and children to be accompanied by husband/ or a male relative, with appropriate proof like marriage certificate for wife / birth certificate for kids
Validity of Umrah Visa:
The validity of Umrah visa is for about fourteen days just, one should perform Umrah inside these 2 weeks, ensuring their takeoff from Saudi Arabia is inside about fourteen days of the date of section.The visa for Umrah in Ramadan cannot exceed the last day of Ramadan. One should leave Saudi Arabia by the end of Ramadan and cannot celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr there.
Government of Saudi Arabia issues the visas free of charge but an aspiring pilgrim has to process the application through approved Umrah travel agents. One could also opt for all-inclusive packages that take care of visa formalities, hotels booking etc. or book these elements separately.
In a lift for the Saudi traveler industry, holders of Umrah visas are presently permitted to visit any city or locale in the kingdom.
Prior to the choice, they were restricted to Makkah where the Umrah is performed and to Madinah, 420km toward the north, to visit and implore at the Prophet’s (PBUH) Mosque.
The authority said Umrah was available to all Muslims for 10 months and that Saudi Arabia invited Muslims from everywhere throughout the world.
Saudi Arabia suspends issuing of Umrah visas for two months to consider the planning and the execution of Haj, the fifth and last mainstay of Islam.
While Umrah, which as a rule takes a couple of hours and is performed just in the Grand Mosque, is discretionary, Haj, which requires six days and is performed in the Grand Mosque and the edges of Makkah, is required from Muslim people who are physically fit and who can bear the cost of it monetarily.